The WEF World E-Commerce Forum has its beginnings in the leadership institute of 1998 which focused on ecommerce and ebusiness principles.
The Pioneer members of the World e-Commerce Founding Executive Committee in 2000 were:
- Michael Baker, Chairman, The Asia Oceana Electronic Marketplace Association
- Graham Brown, Chairman, WAP Group
- Prof Steve Burdon, TELCAM, University of Technology, Sydney – chairman of this year’s third annual meeting in Singapore (Oct 10th and 11th) and developer of the first MBA in e-commerce in the Asia Pacific region. Formerly MD of British Telecom Asia Pacific and Telstra.
- Neil Ellul, Chairman, The European E-Commerce Association
- Pavel Erochkine – e-Commerce consultant to media and government, Russian Federation
- Paula Hunter, President, The ASP Industry Consortium
- George Mentz, CEO, Institute of Consultants in E-Commerce
- (Name to beannounced) Middle East E-Commerce Association
- Pat Pheelan, Chairman, International Society of Professionals in E-Commerce (iSPEC)
- Jernej Sekolec, Secretary, United Nations Committee for International Trade Law
- Arthur Wilson, Director, E-Centre, College of TAFE (Technology and Further Engineering) Perth, Western Australia. The college of TAFE will be building and sustaining the Forum website as an ongoing student project under Arthur’s directorship.
* The New Board is Listed in the Menu. These names are the original or Pioneers in e-business and cyber currency.
The focus of the IOQM is as an accreditation body which recognizes personal qualifications and skills in e-business obtained from accredited courses, accredited program exams, ISO 29990 accredited programs, and accredited college education programs.